Basement stem wall

BnCKelley

Good morning, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here. I can't get rid of this additional gap created by the stem wall height. I want the floor level in the basement set at 130.5", top of slab, from floor above. It's currently at 122.125. My ceiling is good. I want a 4" slab and 4" gravel fill which currently I've taken out trying to figure the problem. I was thinking the stem wall height would be 8" plus my ceiling height of 109.5. It keeps creating another void that I can't figure out. Is it a wall type issue? I looked for a concrete basement wall type instead of stem thinking that might be the difference but I didn't see anything of the sort. What am I missing? Ignore the fact that 1 dimension is red. Thanks

And could any main level settings cause a problem with the basement level. I tried that too.

20201108_104507.jpg

Edited by BnCKelley

Hi BnC

The first thing I would do is to try to clear the yellow warning.  You do this by going to "all" the rooms on the main floor... and make sure the depths are all the same (ceiling below, stem wall).  When I say "all" the rooms, I mean everywhere there could be a room def., like closets, built up support columns, under stairs, etc..  Do that and let us know... then we can attack the other issue.

Yeah I know that would be better but then I'd have to hook up my phone and download the image, we do not have internet where we live so this is a quicker method, and the actual reason why I initially was not including any pictures of what I am doing. When I change the value, it adjust everything accordingly but the stem wall still goes lower.

2 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

Hi BnC

The first thing I would do is to try to clear the yellow warning.  You do this by going to "all" the rooms on the main floor... and make sure the depths are all the same (ceiling below, stem wall).  When I say "all" the rooms, I mean everywhere there could be a room def., like closets, built up support columns, under stairs, etc..  Do that and let us know... then we can attack the other issue.

Ok, I was looking into that, wasn't sure what that was all about either. I apologize for the camera pic, we don't have internet in my corner of the woods, and my delays in response. I'm working today and being Mr Mom since my wife's working.