Interior Measures

momsdesign

Has anyone ever measured a interior space with the leica camera? Is that even something that is possible....I thought I heard something about this in Chief and wondering if anyone is familiar with if this works, and if anyone has had the experience.

Thank you!

42 minutes ago, momsdesign said:

the leica camera?

I think you mean Leica Disto Laser Measuring devices like the E7500i is my guess.

Search e7500i here on the Forum there are several Users with them eg MarkMc

KB Article:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01846/using-a-leica-disto-device-with-chief-architect-software.html

@MarkMc

• Like 1

Yes, this is what I was thinking. Looks like it's not what I thought it would do.

We currently use an app for outdoor exterior measurements called contractors eye. It builds a 3d model from the pictures we take. It walks you through the steps and where to stand, etc. We can then download the PDF with all the measurements and we can also upload the entire 3d model into Sketch Up. It even gives you square feet of siding and roofing needed for bidding.

Does chief not have something like this yet? I would think there would be an APP or something that would work with Chief to figure out how upload a 3d model with automatic measurements.

There is a lot of apps like PLNAR, MAGIC PLAN, etc. that make the measuring, and figuring square feet for flooring, backsplash, etc. But nothing that can build an automated 3d model and can be uploaded into Chief already done.

Unless anyone knows of some technology that I haven't heard of that works with Chief?

23 hours ago, momsdesign said:

wow - looks amazing! Why does it have to cost as much as a car!!

You might want to check out Canvas ...if you have an iPhone?  

* note I don't and have never used it  as I don't have an Iphone ( or any Apple Products.)

Get Chief Architect as-builts by scanning a space with your iPad or iPhone - Offering Services - ChiefTalk Forum

Canvas, Scan to CAD Chief Architect - General Q & A - ChiefTalk Forum

M.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1