Cannot open objects or specifications after Windows Update

carowe

I was having a problem after the Windows update last week.  Somehow Onedrive was stuck on replacing the User Library file and my system kept freezing.  As soon as I shut off Onedrive, I was good to go.  Your system is pretty robust so not sure that's your problem.

On 11/6/2020 at 12:26 PM, carowe said:

I'll check video driver and yes I've rebooted several times - but thanks for the reminder!

There was a Driver Issue that sounds similar to yours back in X11 but have not seen it reported in X12

GeForce Experience should keep the Drivers Updated for you , assuming you ( Dell? ) are using it ?  but I think Dell also has it's own Command Center or something too?

The latest is 457.09  but I'm not having issues on 456.71 either.   Available here too Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

If your Dell uses Nahimic Audio as some do , there is a known issue with it's Sonic Radar App causing Issues on Multi Monitor Systems too,

there is a fix, I posted in the Tips section for that as well.

Multi Monitor Issue Fix for Computers with Nahimic Audio - Tips & Techniques - ChiefTalk Forum (chiefarchitect.com)

M. 

• 2 months later...

Wow.. Thank you SO MUCH! You have no idea how stressful this issue was. I couldn't open Wall specifications at all. It froze my entire application and had to force close CA in order to get it functional again.

Stopped the service mentioned, set it to manual and restarted  CA, double clicked on a wall and it opened with no issues.

Thanks again.