Cabinet Door Auto Right/Left

CWJohn

Hi there, 

I am setting up defaults for my cabinetry, and would like to have "Auto-Right" as the Item Type when adjusting the face items. My issue is that I'd like a 24"W cabinet to have double doors, and the program has it set to 24"W is still a single door. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust this threshold for where it switches from a single door to a double door?

I am using Chief Architect Premier X12

Thank you!

12 minutes ago, CWJohn said:

I'd like a 24"W cabinet to have double doors, and the program has it set to 24"W is still a single door. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust this threshold for where it switches from a single door to a double door?

NO there is not. Auto door does not change to a double until width of the cabinet is greater than 27". I've sent this in multiple times, used to be at 25" now it's worse.

Solutions besides opening the DBX and changing are-replace from library and keep a double 24" there

or

my current favorite set a cabinet at 24" and double door then create a style palette named Dbl door- I only select Copy face configuration in the palette and not the width so it does not alter the size of the cabinet it's being applied to.

In the meantime report it since I don't know of any maker who will supply a door over 24" wide and guarantee it.

• Like 1

The program uses the size of the opening, not the size of your box or even the actual size of the door panel, to determine whether or not an automatic door should change between a single or a double.  If the opening is more than 24", it will switch to use a double door, regardless of the door overlay.  Currently, there is no way to adjust this setting.  You can always manually change a door from a double to single or vice versa for cases where you want something different.

As far as wanting the automatic behavior to work differently, please feel free to submit a feature request for how you would like the program to work.

• Upvote 1