slanted ceiling planes and roof

RaquelPorlamar

• 2 months later...

Raquel,

I am trying to build a bathroom with the same flat ceiling to slanted ceiling - just like you have above.

I am new at this, and I have watched numerous videos on walls and ceilings.

But I can't for the life of me figure out how to create this.

could you please give me some direction on how to create the wall/ceiling structure?

Thank you,

Leslie Duncan

Build your roof first, then building the sloped ceiling using ceiling planes.  Set the base of the sloped ceiling at the same height at the top plate of the wall.  Experiment, you may need to set the base an inch or 1 1/2" higher.  Set the top of the slope at the flat ceiling height

Set the room ceiling height to the hight where the sloping ceiling meets the external wall.

Auto build the roof - it will build off that low ceiling height.

Turn off auto build roofs

Uncheck Flat Ceiling Over This Room

Change the ceiling height to the height of the flat section of roof

Click OK

Check Flat Ceiling Over This Room

Place your skylight in the roof.

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 3.13.59 pm.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mark's way is different to mine.

Mine used a single roof slope over the whole room (a shed roof) with flat ceiling on the upper part of the roof - resulting in an attic space above the flat ceiling.

1180233317_ScreenShot2021-01-12at9_03_52pm.thumb.jpg.b4fe4efdec70e59605f33fbd79c6af26.jpg

Mark used 2 different roof slopes to get the 2 ceiling planes with the ceiling planes following the roofs.

1298216219_ScreenShot2021-01-12at9_05_24pm.thumb.jpg.8846b66f87e763ea224a8125b7713432.jpg

Pick your poison.

And the good thing is that there is usually more than 1 way to do something in Chief.

12 hours ago, LDuncan said:

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

I have some homework to do.

Leslie

X12 - Interiors New user.

Bear in mind that some of the advice above may or may not help you if you're using Interiors.  The roof tools in Interiors are a bit more limited.