building trusses on hip roof

imagekit

ok i am new, i have x6 which was the current version when i bought it .i have drawn a l shaped house which needs a hip and valley roof. i have drawn the roof planes (auto) and i believe i have the ceiling planes. my problem is i need to draw the trusses (auto if pos} the videos show how to draw a straight gable end roof but not hip and valley.i have managed to draw 1 truss across the hip but it is for a gable roof. what do i need to do?  also where do i find the "multiple button" all help appreciated

There are three video's on Hip Trusses...    Have you seen them.  #351, 352, 502.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/playlists/146/roof-framing.html?playlist=93

Let us know if you are still stuck and specifically at what point.

1228633824_MultipleCopytool.JPG.0af9bde5d1c958f7aae12d040d8b831f.JPG Multiple Copy tool works great for trusses.  You should see it on your active toolbar when truss is selected.

13 minutes ago, imagekit said:

can you explain how i would get a picture of each truss with dimensions for fabrication

Sure it is a little complicated but completely possible to do that.  Once you are completely done with all the trusses and have them labeled as you want them, open the truss detail with the 1230488848_OpenTrussDetailtool.JPG.79db4365feb83acb9a07ccc5b5847b6a.JPG Open Truss Detail tool.   You may need to place a few little cad lines to get you dimensions to snap where they need to be and then send the whole thing to layout beside the sheet as reference and make a copy of it each time you crop out and position a detail how you want them to display in layout.

You can include your location with your Profile so we have a rough idea of your time zone and which way is up. :D

ok new problem, this project is putting on a room on a truss hip roof rectangular house to form a "L". the roof trusses on the rectangle are drawn correct ,i have put a roof plane (triangle )over were the new trusses will sit on the old roof trusses. The problem is that when i drag trusses up the old trusses (from the new extension} it only puts noggins between two of the old trusses. i have tried to upload the file but i get an up load failed message each time, is there a way to screen shot and post?