VIDEO LESSON: How to Create a Saved Plan View

SNestor

In this video I will show you how to quickly create a new "Saved Plan View". I'm using the out of the box Chief "residential plan.plan" template...which comes pre-loaded with some plan views. Hope it helps...and thanks for watching!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, joey_martin said:

Thanks Steve. I am going to have to learn plan views I'm afraid, so this certainly helps. Really worried my Anno Set method will go away soon.

Once you get used to saved plan views, you'll never want to go back! :lol: You can choose to assign your anno sets to a view as you have them set up, or you can override the anno set for a specific item. Between that and reference floors, these views are really powerful and a big time saver.

Another big plus is you can have multiple views of the same floor open at once, like the floor plan, electrical layout and framing plan all open at once on different tabs. Really great.

Hop on the bandwagon!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Late to the party as usual but after seeing Joey's comment on moving over to SPV's I am guessing that I will need to as well.

One question I have is regarding any sort of a SPV template- and not the one that is OOTB from CA X12.

Do most of you create a series of base SPV's that are your go to for the majority of your designs and save them with your plan templates?

And if so, is there a way to copy or export those to use in an existing plan- or will plans brought forward from pervious version need to have SPV's created for each.

Much appreciated.