STRETCHING CAD DETAILS TO FIT ON LAYOUT SHEET

chiefuserjohnG

11 minutes ago, chiefuserjohnG said:

I used to grab the corner button and just pull it.

Wasn't that great, just like a picture...   Try shift select and grab the top tab.

5 minutes ago, solver said:

Hold the C key and drag from a corner handle.

Do you mean SHIFT + C  ?

11 minutes ago, chiefuserjohnG said:

thank you both!! Shift+C did the trick. Used to be much simpler though....I used Version 10 for sooo long just upgraded to X12 this summer

Layout boxes use c or X when holding down corner to resize picture boxes you can grab the corner and drag.

12 minutes ago, chiefuserjohnG said:

thank you both!! Shift+C did the trick. Used to be much simpler though....I used Version 10 for sooo long just upgraded to X12 this summer

I think it was X10 when we lost that functionality.  It would be great to get it back even as an alternate.

Welcome back to the new forum.  You can add your current version and computer spec's to your signature so it is always there when you post.  It helps us help you. :)

1 hour ago, chiefuserjohnG said:

Used to be much simpler though

Sometimes with improvements come costs.  The behavior changed when they added the ability to reshape layout boxes.

By the way, if you want to anchor and resize with a specific corner anchored in position to match the old functionality, I would suggest you familiarize yourself with 2 tools.

• Place Point
  • Rotate/Resize About Current Point

I have these mapped to hotkeys because I use them so much.  In this example, Place Point at Corner, toggle Rotate/Resize About Current Point on, select your object and drag the corner while holding the X key.