How to create an flat torch-down roof over patio?

PMMully

Hi all,

I am doing a plan for modifications to an existing structure that has a combination of a gable/hip roof (60's house in central Florida) over the core structure married to a flat roof that was custom built at one time. I need to capture the current state to show demolition and future state. The roof planes in the diagram attached are pretty close and good enough and I did that with hip/gable settings and wall breaks per the tutorial.

I am struggling with how to show the existing flat roof of a slab patio, which forms the Veranda on the rear of the house. I looked at the "shed wall/gable" combo but it would not work right. I attached a pic of the floorplan and the 3D. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2020-10-29 143708.png

35 minutes ago, PMMully said:

How do I add ceiling joists underneath? They are 24" OC going out to a main support beam with tongue/groove on top.

Did you try selecting 'ceiling over this room' in the structure panel of your patio room?

@solver Correct.

I have the surface specified as seamed EPDM, and the structure is fir framing, with the Use Roof Ceiling Finish unchecked. I have Framing Ceiling Beams and Roof Beams. I deleted the ceiling layer as well, but all it renders is the EPDM layer and the T&G layer under it. That part looks fine.

I was trying to show the roof beams for the structure, so they would follow the slope of the roof versus manually drawing roof beams