Send to Layout problem

steve_stuart

I am having a problem sending a saved plan view over to my layout, but it seems to be only this SVP. When i send it over at 1/4 scale I get the "too large" warning even though the entire plan fits the layout page. I have attached the As-Built and the Proposed plan that has the offending "Foundation Plan View"; the As-Built works fine but the Foundation SPV gives me the warning. I also attached the layout file in case that is the problem. I have tried the all on set and fill screen and there is nothing out in the ether, and if I send the All On view over it works fine just as the As-Built does. Can someone take a look at the plans and see what might be causing this? This seems like a confusing explanation, let me know if you need more info.

Jamerson As-Built 10.27.20.plan

Jamerson Proposed 10.27.20.plan

Jamerson 11x17 Drawings 10.27.20.layout

12 hours ago, joey_martin said:

It's because you have some text boxes out in space and Chief is telling you they won't fit.

Joey, thanks for the input, did you find these text boxes? I have the All On layer set on and everything is displaying but I don't see any text boxes outside of what is showing in the image below

6 hours ago, rgardner said:

Personally I like to use send current view to send to layout and have it zoomed into what I want to show.

Thanks Ryan, I use this fairly often as well but sometimes want to send over the entire plan knowing the scale will fit. 

It isn't a big deal and there are definitely ways to make it work, I have just never seen this behavior before and was wondering if I had changed a setting somewhere that was causing it. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

layout text boxes.jpg

21 minutes ago, steve_stuart said:

Thanks Ryan, changed it to 11x17 but still getting the larger plan view sent over. Guess I'll just put this one to bed and deal with it by sending differently or cropping after sending.

I downloaded your plan files as well as the layout and did nothing at all except send the saved plan view to layout with entire plan from both files and got the same results with no error at all.  I did notice when you toggle on your sheet view in plan that you are off of 0,0 a little bit but doesn't seem to make any difference.

image.thumb.png.83050b3605d35843bf7cfad000626f34.png

Regardless of size of sheet for the plan file It gave me the same extents for the layout box but fit just fine on the sheet as well.  There was no cropping needed.

3 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Regardless of size of sheet for the plan file It gave me the same extents for the layout box but fit just fine on the sheet as well.  There was no cropping needed.

Yes, this is what I am getting, not a problem with how this particular "Entire Plan" gets sent over, however, if the entire plan was actually as large as the bounding box it wouldn't fit on the sheet. If you try the As-Built plan and send it over with "Entire Plan" and then select you will see that bounding box is just outside the floor plan (see below). I would expect the bounding box on the Proposed plan to be just outside the text boxes and floor plan, which is what I typically get. When I "fill screen" in the plan view it is tight to the boxes and floor plan, and I can't find anything else in the plan that would drive the bounding box out to the extent shown.

18 hours ago, steve_stuart said:

layout.jpg