Show Hidden Door

stevenyhof

If you just want it as a CAD item and not to show up in 3d add it as a regular door then use CAD Detail from view, erase everything in that view around the door to make it easier to work with.  Select the components of the door change line style to dashed and whatever color you want.  Then Copy it, go back to your plan and Paste in place (ctrl+Alt+V or CMD+Alt_V for mac.)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rgardner said:

If you just want it as a CAD item and not to show up in 3d add it as a regular door then use CAD Detail from view, erase everything in that view around the door to make it easier to work with.  Select the components of the door change line style to dashed and whatever color you want.  Then Copy it, go back to your plan and Paste in place (ctrl+Alt+V or CMD+Alt_V for mac.)

I'll remember this for 3D. I needed it only for 2D now - Thank you Ryan!

32 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

I keep a dashed door, made from CAD lines, in my library to use for cases like this. For a "future" door...just use a doorway and drop this from the library into the opening.

image.thumb.png.14ff8ff5f132e5cc16cce1dbc7598837.png

That is nice if I do not want to add an opening. I typically add the opening in support walls so that the headers are installed. 
I assume you save it as a block. Thank you Joey!