Fireplace insert

Jambruins

I created a 2' out x 4' wide area in my exterior wall for a fireplace insert. When I insert the fireplace it shows up the wall above the insert is still open to the ceiling Is there a way to get the sheetrock wall to cover up the area between the top of the insert and the ceiling?

Just a follow up on what @joey_martin mentions above.

1.) In addition to the suppressed label you may also want to remove it from the schedule if you don’t want to see that info there.

2.) Also if you are going to put tile or stone on that face wall you can select that particular wal and the on the general page of the dbx you can turn off the wall moldings.

1 minute ago, rgardner said:

Curious @joey_martinas it must be a regional thing.  Do they actually build those interior angle walls you are showing in the plan view inside the fireplace “flu” area?

We definitely don't do that around here.  Also don't think we would be allowed to inset the fireplace like that with any of the inserts we use. 

This particular builder does build those. He uses that extra space as chase and wants what ever he puts in there separated from the insert. The note (8) states to install per mfg instructions for clearance, so the inset what probably me bumping it into the wall opening, it should be flush.

• Like 1