chief architect and lumion rendering

sphome

Just a suggestion, but you are barely using any of the capabilities of Lumion.

I dont see reflection planes being used.  It also looks like you are not creating normal maps and modifying all the materials.   Lumion imports the textures, but then you have to go in with the material selector and define it's properties.  This gives much better light and shadow.

Convert your landscape to grass material and turn grass on.

What you have shown looks like you are just dropping a model in and creating the vid with no work in lumion.   If you want things to 'pop' more, learn to use the functions of the software. 

• 6 months later...

Hi sandimc1n 

I am just in the process of buying the hardware and a copy of Lumion Pro.  We use Chief for all our work, and looking for realistic rendering for exteriors and interiors of residential builds.  Are you experiencing any issues when importing CA file to Lumion, any limitations using Lumion with CA?  

Appreciate any feedback and tips!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Twinmotion is also a good renderer. Fairly easy to learn and powered by the Epic (think Unreal Engine) core rendering software. It has basically realtime rendering (like physically based) and then you click export to get the final one in about 6 seconds.

I'm just dabbling in in but got some decent results:

Also I'm not sure if this still applies but it was at the time the only one that worked on a Mac.

Image5.thumb.png.53cbae039029042856f84ec143fc7619.png

Image1.thumb.png.8c5f9eb9d3b9f76cbcf76f2c87d9a0d4.png

Good Luck!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, kylejmarsh said:

I'm just dabbling in in but got some decent results:

Very nice, and I’m sure this was lightning fast to produce, and all at $0.00 cost.

You would immensely improve the renders by selecting a Skydome and a reflection probe. An additional 3 seconds of work but well worth it. 

Check out René Rabbit’s YouTube page. 

I would also say that before Twinmotion got pathtracing, Lumion was miles ahead but I think they are a lot closer today. 

• Upvote 1