Job scheduling software...

Jones_Drafting

I need a workable scheduling app specific to my business paradigm. I pretty much know all the steps which will be involved with whatever job. I'd like an app which will allow me to define the various fields, then allow me to fill the estimated number of hours for each, being able to schedule each specific task individually, then have that tie into calendar which will morph in real time as things progress/change....I need it to extend my schedule, say if I run a week early or a week late on any given task, so I've got a constantly up-to-date scheduling app. I ask you, because you know my pain. Ideas? I've tried to create spreadsheet to handle this, but not sure how to do what I want with tying it in with a fluid calendar....ideas?

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Jones_Drafting said:

do what I want with tying it in with a fluid calendar.

Take a look at intellect from chaossoftware.com.

You'll want to look at it's "Activity series" and possibly "projects". I've used it for over a decade. When I had a lot of scheduling, which often had to be adjusted, I found it easier than Project Management software. Worth a look, trial available, support good by email, price reasonable. Time & Chaos is the same without email. 

I use a spreadsheet. I’m in control and it’s easy. Lots of free templates out there but it’s easy to make your own. 

After you set up your first project it becomes a template for the rest. 
I export the spreadsheet as a PDF and then send it out to an email group of all my subs. Included in the PDF is a Dropbox link to the plan. Nice and light and if I modify the plan then everyone has the most up to date plan.
No excuses. 
This way every subcontractor knows when every other trade is showing up. 
If they’re late and don’t follow the schedule then they shouldn’t be surprised if they get a call, not just from me but from the other trades that they screwed up, and they’re not as diplomatic as I am. Great tool 

I use Buildertrend, you can see all jobs at once in schedule, you can also filter for many things... cloud based project management.

you can name a schedule item anything you want

it even has a client portal.

very powerful software.

this has option to set baseline on jobs and report slippage 

you can also have todo’s with a task list and assign to whomever with deadlines and reminders.

Software is really for building /renovation but it would work for you.

It even imports chief materials into program...