Pet Door

BethVanDeusen

Install the Pet Door on the wall next to the door, open the DBX and adjust the size then copy and paste to your door (I found this works best in an elevation view). Also, be sure to adjust the size of the casing and uncheck 'Use Sill/Threshold' (Casing tab).

Beth:

for real life use install the pet door as close to the bottom of the door as you can

my golden ret. has a broken hip and he struggles with "tripping" on the bottom edge

I had to buy the extra large door - normally for St. Bernards etc so he wouldn't have to stoop

plus he is obese from lack of exercise

I've been using petdoors for decades - I recommend the double flap doors for cold weather situations or high winds

sometimes I built an enclave entrance and had two doors at right angles to prevent cold winds from entering house

but the double flap doors work fairly well

I spent less than this vendor so shop around - I believe I got mine from Home Depot

this is just an example of the double flap door

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZ6NOHZ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01LZ6NOHZ&pd_rd_w=XET6g&pf_rd_p=f0355a48-7e73-489a-9590-564e12837b93&pd_rd_wg=gOssu&pf_rd_r=RH0F85V7C76T3YWSQX30&pd_rd_r=398e2b06-6e14-43c0-956c-a1a81f8bee7b&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFYRzhMOTg2MldMTjEmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA2ODM5MTgyS1M3WEZLMzZUTURXJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5NTAyMzYxTVo5Sk9WMEtUU0Q1JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Lew

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/25/2020 at 12:58 AM, lbuttery said:

Beth:

for real life use install the pet door as close to the bottom of the door as you can

my golden ret. has a broken hip and he struggles with "tripping" on the bottom edge

I had to buy the extra large door - normally for St. Bernards etc so he wouldn't have to stoop

plus he is obese from lack of exercise

I've been using petdoors for decades - I recommend the double flap doors for cold weather situations or high winds

sometimes I built an enclave entrance and had two doors at right angles to prevent cold winds from entering house

but the double flap doors work fairly well

I spent less than this vendor so shop around - I believe I got mine from Home Depot

this is just an example of the double flap door

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZ6NOHZ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01LZ6NOHZ&pd_rd_w=XET6g&pf_rd_p=f0355a48-7e73-489a-9590-564e12837b93&pd_rd_wg=gOssu&pf_rd_r=RH0F85V7C76T3YWSQX30&pd_rd_r=398e2b06-6e14-43c0- https://www.worktime.com/employee-monitoring 956ca1a81f8bee7b&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFYRzhMOTg2MldMTjEmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA2ODM5MTgyS1M3WEZLMzZUTURXJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5NTAyMzYxTVo5Sk9WMEtUU0Q1JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ== 

Lew

oh I'm sorry to hear this about your dog, I hope he gets better! ^_^
Do you know if there is a similar double-leaf door in the bonus catalog?

Hi:

no idea ?

probably not, but doubt if you need it for the plans ?

Ky did fine until Nov 2020 then he weakened and maybe stroke and was euthanized Dec 5 :(

Lew

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:03 PM, lbuttery said:

Hi:

no idea ?

probably not, but doubt if you need it for the plans ?

Ky did fine until Nov 2020 then he weakened and maybe stroke and was euthanized Dec 5 :(

Lew

oh god I'm so sorry to hear that, excuse me! :(

condolences on your loss, but now he's in a better place!