How to make half a room open to the 2nd floor ceiling

M-Ferioli

Hi all,

I'm an interiors only guy and don't really do much with the structure of the building so this is new to me.  I'm trying to figure out if there is any easy way to make a basic rectangle 2 story structure with half the interior open all the way to the roof.  I can't seem to find video that does what I need.  Seems like it might be easy, I just don't know where to start.  I tried using a hole but that left gaps in the walls.  Could some one point me in the right direction to learn this?  

Thanks!

Mike

Mike:

It would help if you post your plan but from what you describe it sounds like you need to define the space where you want on open ceiling using the room divider tool. Once you've done that, select the room, open the DBX and, in the ceiling section of the Structure tab, uncheck 'Flat Ceiling Over This Room' .

Eric

Eric,

Thanks for the reply.  I did that, but I also had to divide the room on the second floor and uncheck the "floor under this room" option.  now half of the room is open all the way up.  I think this accomplish what I need.  

Thanks again for the quick and helpful reply!!

Mike