Apply imported materials

georgiapatriot

Is there some training available on how to properly apply imported materials? For instance, I have only once or twice successfully imported a photo of brick or rock and it look correct when I apply it in a 3d view. It almost always looks like the material but in blocks or squares, it does not distribute seamlessly across the surface area of the wall and hence looks terrible and not fit to share with the customer. Any suggestions of where to learn to do this properly?

If you can't find the exact material with a seamless texture, I'd suggest using a material that is as close as possible to the chosen material. You can always ask for help with that process here in the forum. I don't think it's likely that you'll successfully 'create' a seamless texture in any sort of a reasonable time frame. I would start by listing the exact material here in the forum, and asking for help with locating its texture or a reasonable alternative.

How much time do you have available for texture creation? I can point out some methods I've used, but I'm hesitant to post them publicly because they will inevitably lead most users to more problems than solutions.