Hole in truss for window? Available? Workaround?

GeneDavis

You are looking at the attic wall framing in 2x4 with header.  What the truss guy says is he can do a hybrid truss with parallel chords and webbing to handle what the 30 foot span and 100 psf ground snow load dictates, but the upper half of these girders will be dropped-chord gable-end trusses and they will have the required window opening.

1 minute ago, GeneDavis said:

You are looking at the attic wall framing in 2x4 with header.  What the truss guy says is he can do a hybrid truss with parallel chords and webbing to handle what the 30 foot span and 100 psf ground snow load dictates, but the upper half of these girders will be dropped-chord gable-end trusses and they will have the required window opening.

Did you try it with a truss?

So you want to edit the truss detail? You can do it, it's just a bit of a tedious process, and you'll need to be very careful that it doesn't get 'undone'. Not knocking Chief, but my experience has been that the locking the webbing for a truss is less than reliable. That may have improved in X12.

I did not try it with a truss.  BRB

Back.  Does not work.  I pulled the lower return roof away so the truss has the full-height envelope, specified it as dropped gable, end, and it did not work.  Specified it as dropped gable, end, and attic, and still not working.  Forced rebuild both times.

1 hour ago, GeneDavis said:

Does not work.  I pulled the lower return roof away so the truss has the full-height envelope, specified it as dropped gable, end, and it did not work.  Specified it as dropped gable, end, and attic, and still not working.  Forced rebuild both times.

You will also likely need to delete your framed end wall just to be able to build the default truss if I remember correctly.