Frieze Board not working

DH7777

Having an issue with this floating dormer. Normally I just build my own because chief dormers always give me headaches. LIKE THIS ONE  As you can see I have Frieze checked but the settings in Auto roof return are not on. Not sure if I need these on but I need to make the Frieze 5 1/2 inch tall. No options to do this and the frieze doesn't even show up after checking the box and clicking OK Not sure what the point is in giving me a frieze board option if it will not appear in my dormer. Help? 

frieze board.JPG

If you wish to have auto-frieze boards then they must be set in Edit - Default Settings Roofs - Frieze Boards, or set in the Build Roof Dialog box - Frieze Boards check box. That said, sometimes any "auto" setting or function can fail to operate properly from time to time. In such cases you just do what is necessary to obtain a product manually. Chief does most things quite well but is not and probably never will be "perfect" in terms of its functioning, that is where we come in as end users.

DJP

4 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

If you wish to have auto-frieze boards then they must be set in Edit - Default Settings Roofs - Frieze Boards, or set in the Build Roof Dialog box - Frieze Boards check box. That said, sometimes any "auto" setting or function can fail to operate properly from time to time. In such cases you just do what is necessary to obtain a product manually. Chief does most things quite well but is not and probably never will be "perfect" in terms of its functioning, that is where we come in as end users.

DJP

I figured it out. If I put frieze on the main roof the dormer sets on it works. I thought the  dormer would be it's own entity

2 hours ago, solver said:

Help someone help you by attaching your plan file.

I figured it out. If I put frieze on the main roof the dormer sets on it works. I thought the  dormer would be it's own entity