Custom schedule

mtldesigns

Builder wanted a framing schedule of all the cut list... in an excel spreadsheet, so he can add pricing to the members, and see how many cuts he can get out of a stick.  I guess the cost of lumber is getting so crazy high, that they are now nickel and diming every stick.  This was easy to do, but I could not get OSB to drop onto this custom schedule.  I see that its on a material list, but how do I get to pull onto a schedule?  

Thanks in advance for any help.   

Thanks Michael.  I guess I was asking more on why isn't OSB as a "category to include" in a custom schedule, and how to add it to the list to pick from.  I have 13 houses I have to go thru and do this schedule for.  

In the mean time, I will copy and paste the OSB from the ML to the schedule.  

Capture.JPG

6 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

I guess I was asking more on why isn't OSB as a "category to include" in a custom schedule, and how to add it to the list to pick from.  I have 13 houses I have to go thru and do this schedule for. 

This would be much simpler if you can stick to using a materials list, as opposed to a schedule. It'd be even smarter if the builder gave you the prices so you could build a material master list.

I'll also mention that by using variations of the materials list, you could produce 'cut lists' (essentially the piece by piece schedule) as well as the 'buy list'. There's no need for the builder to attempt to figure out what to purchase. Chief already has all this information.

Thanks Robert, Thanks Michael, 

Robert, I did give this builder (actually he's the project manager) the "buy list" of the ML.. and said it had too much stuff, and it did (I had everything checked).  Based on your suggested, I did some deeper research, and saw where I could narrow this down via categories..  cool.  I uploaded this to excel, and passed on to him.  I like the idea he can put the price in and add adders.. already set up to calc cost.  THANK YOU!  He's the numbers guy there, so we will just let him play with the price list ;)

Michael,  I understand what you are saying in that its not an "item" to pick, like a a actual wood framing member is, because no matter how hard you try, you can't grab a board.  I was just thinking since we set both the framing and the OSB up in the wall type dbx, and the framing was pick able from the schedule list, why wouldn't OSB.  Anyways, that's where I was going with my OP.  Thanks for the direction.