Extremely large extents warning

DzinEye

I have my model and site placed very near the 0,0,0 origin, but I'm getting the attached message during operations.  I assume that this means that I somehow accidentally placed something way out in space.   When I use zoom fill window I get what appears to be a blank screen and when I drag a selection marquee over the entire screen nothing selects (everything on, nothing locked)... so how the heck do I find whatever it is that's floating out in space?   I tried searching on this and only came up with an article telling me how to move the model near the origin... which it already is.  

Extreme.JPG

1 minute ago, solver said:

A search for extents should find some solutions -- I've even posted a video you might find.

I'll try again... I searched using all terms 'extents, extremely, large'  hoping to narrow down the search

55 minutes ago, solver said:

A search for extents should find some solutions -- I've even posted a video you might find.

Thx Eric.  Of course the first link that popped up when I searched 'extents' alone was the one you refer to with the video you did prior.  It was interesting that apparently Chief changed the language of that warning pop-up?!?  The warning in the question you responded to used the terms 'extents unusually large ', while mine used 'extents extremely large' which is why my search went astray because I constrained to all search terms.

Anyway... thanks for the video!  

56 minutes ago, Kiwideziner said:

It may also way out in Z direction also. Can be tricky to find sometimes.

Yeah... that's exactly what I was thinking when I couldn't find it using a marquee window.   It appears now that it was just way way waaaaay out in space.

@Alaskan_Son Thank you Michael...  much appreciated.   I thought I zoomed out ridiculously far and still couldn't find it in a marquee.   It appears it was 'ridiculously far10'  I can't believe I didn't think of the select all method, but I would have been confounded by the deselection process anyway, so thank you for elaborating on that that alternative!  

3 minutes ago, solver said:

I don't do much with terrains -- mine are usually simple, so I wonder what problems it causes?

Terrain perimeters can't be cut and pasted.  They get converted to standard polylines during the process.  You can always turn the layer off and use your method in Edit Area Visible mode though.