Footers under basement slab

akabuilder

I've got a 3 story house with 8' high basement,  8in. high footers (12" wide) sitting under Fox Block walls with a slab foundation. Can anyone offer a solution or explanation as to why the footers are not sitting directly underneath the basement slab on the elevation view? They look like they are running into the slab....

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 4.38.01 PM.png

20 hours ago, akabuilder said:

Can anyone offer a solution or explanation as to why the footers are not sitting directly underneath the basement slab on the elevation view?

The footing will be placed directly under the foundation wall, NOT the slab. This means that for clean and neat alignment in Chief, the top-of-footing elevation needs to match the bottom-of slab elevation. Chief doesn't currently 'support' a notched basement slab. For your model, you have essentially 2 options:

• adjust either the foundation wall height or the basement slab elevation to produce a clean intersection
  • leave it 'as is' and clean up the display in section views using CAD tools

FWIW, I frequently do both, dependent on the construction preferences of my clients.

A good trick to reset the stemwall height is to set it to 0 and press tab.  (don't be scared, funny stuff will happen)

Then go back up and re-enter your rough ceiling height.

The stemwall will automatically adjust to the proper height without requiring any calculation on your behalf.