Is a Polyline table possible for its labels?

Michael_Gia

I know this has been discussed before, but is there an easy way to make a table or schedule populated by the labels of a selection of polyslines?

All I want are the polyline labels in list form, preferably with the various values separated. 

ex.

name, area, length, width. 

For some reason I thought there was a schedule for polylines labels, I guess I was dreaming. 

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

Were you thinking area analysis or something else altogether ?  Can you provide an example.

I use polylines to keep track of lots in a development. 
Each polyline represents a lot with a lot number, square footage, length and width in the label, which is easy enough. 
There could be a few hundred lots in a development, so I would like it if Chief could automatically produce a table or schedule of these values so I could export them to Excel. 

14 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

The area and label are not a big issue but length and width bring in another level of complexity.  Are all the lots consistently rectangular with 90 deg  corners ?

Yes, all the lots are rectangular. 

Even just the lot number and area would be amazing to have in table form. 

It could be done with a note schedule and manual entries into custom fields or for a fee I think I could make it a little more user friendly and automated with my ruby skills if you are interested, providing the lots are true rectangles and drawn in 2D.

Looks like you might have it under control, but a few hints and pieces of quick advice on the house for you guys:

1. Use boxes and you have a height and width attribute to work with (no impossible scripting to deal with).
  2. Use a 3D object like a soffit and you not only get a height and width but you get a schedule without needing to use notes.