door under winder stair

Lighthouse

thanks.  So is it a bug that you can't do it with a stair?  I tried the winder method, but couldn't get the upper stair to recognize the winder and start at that height . How did you create the winders?  As PS?  And could you attach the plan so I can see the settings?   thanks again!

got it.  But I'm curious how you connect the upper stair section to the upper landing.  Do you just pull a straight stair section off the landing, or is there some other step that I should be doing (because that doesn't work, puts the stair on the floor, even though the landing is at the correct height and I have "figure stair from landing" checked

Eric, thanks so much for creating that video!  btw, what software do you use to do that screen recording?  Super helpful, although it turns out that those options are not avail in X10.  Seems like there are lots of improvements in 12.  I have resisted upgrading b/c I own 2  X10 licenses, so it's a big investment.  

12 hours ago, glennw said:

Make the wall a No Room Definition wall - works in X12.

Post back if it doesn't work in X10.

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 12.41.23 pm.jpg

Glenn, that worked!  How did you think of that?  It just didn't occur to me that it was screwing up the winder by making a room.  Why is everyone smarter than me :-)

Just a couple of comments but with the caveat that I did not actually look at your plan.  There have been a number of stair improvements since X10 but the one that Eric is highlighting is that multiple landings can be connected to create stairways now and the program will automatically calculate the heights for you.  In X10, you could still use multiple landings but you would have to figure out and set the heights manually as well as turn off the railings where you don't want them.  Since automatic winders have always been somewhat touchy, the ability to create your own with landings gives you some more options with much better control. 

As to why the door doesn't work with winders and why Glenn's solution works, I got nothing at the moment.  I will say this though, this is why we really like having Glenn around, especially during beta testing.