How do I get the colored circle behind my selection cursor arrow (PC running Windows)

GeneDavis

I can tell you that the circle you see in some of the videos myself and others use is inherent to the screen recording app. I use Flashback Express, and it adds that circle automatically for recordings only, it isn't a cursor setting. I'll see if I can find any thing else to help you out.

9 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Type "mouse properties" into the windows search bar.

I am not a windows user but I believe the key to Rob's direction here is the "WINDOWS SEARCH BAR".

4 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

I did and searched and see no way to get the circle behind.  I want a circle in dayglo yellow.

I believe that is an operating system setting and not a chief specific tool.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk01TSqT6oYePzLxqn1AVxmaQg5ElFw%3A1602860931854&ei=g7eJX6LmM-mG5wLC85PgBw&q=mouse+highlighter+windows&oq=mouse+highlighter+windows&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIHCAAQyQMQCjIECAAQCjoHCAAQRxCwAzoGCAAQFhAeUJESWJsYYIQZaAFwAHgAgAGPAYgBlwaSAQMwLjaYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6yAEIuAECwAEB&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjis96jsrnsAhVpw1kKHcL5BHwQ4dUDCA0&uact=5#kpvalbx=_h7eJX6PQOaOL5wKH6I_ACw13

I can't find a cursor setting that has a filled circle behind it, however if improved visibility is the goal, there are plenty of settings within the "mouse pointer" settings. You can easily increase the pointer size and color. In "additonal mouse settings" there are more options for cursor types.

And there are third party apps for downloading custom cursor types, if you're not afraid of potential malware being installed!

I use the Ease of Access  in Settings in Windows 10 to make the Cursor Yellow , it is not used in all of Chief ie in the Drawing Window,

but is used in all areas that Windows 10 controls.

* as noted I believe the yellow circle is used by numerous Video recording Apps but can't be set as a "normal" cursor.

image.thumb.png.43fc930688e650ee18047fd9fffc197b.png