Callouts & Labels for Doors

DrewFenton

Hello all.  I am struggling with labels on Doors.

In standard plan view, I want to display the old-fashioned door labels (e.g. 3068, 2068, etc.).  This worked fine UNTIL I created a Door Schedule.

On my Door & Window plan view, it is nice to show the Callouts for Doors as they relate to the Schedules.

However back in my standard plan view, I now cannot show the old-fashioned door labels.  It's either the Callouts or nothing.

Does my question make sense or too confusing?!

There is currently no efficient ways to automatically show a Callout in one Layer Set and a normal window label in another; however, there are tons of custom macro solutions that can be utilized to show different labels in different views.  Here's a simple freebie on the house that will show a normal window label in your " Working Layer Set" (note that there is a space before the layer set name being used for the OOB Working Layer Set) and a schedule number in all other layer sets.  Just paste this text into your window labels...

%layer_set == " Working Layer Set" ? automatic_label : schedule_number%

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

There is currently no efficient ways to automatically show a Callout in one Layer Set and a normal window label in another; however, there are tons of custom macro solutions that can be utilized to show different labels in different views.  Here's a simple freebie on the house that will show a normal window label in your " Working Layer Set" (note that there is a space before the layer set name being used for the OOB Working Layer Set) and a schedule number in all other layer sets.  Just paste this text into your window labels...

Very cool, thank you Alaskan_Son!  I appreciate you taking the time to help.

18 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I'm sure this will be a great help to many people! You truly are a giver on a level with John Stamos!