Tray Ceiling Lines

CJSpud

When I use the tray ceiling tool, not only do I get a pink dashed line for the tray (stepped) ceiling I want in a room, but I also get a pink dashed line around the perimeter of the room my tray ceiling is built in.  Is there any way to turn off the perimeter dashed line and just keep the actual tray ceiling as a dashed line or do I have to go back to doing a tray ceiling the old way?

I really like the tray ceiling tool and the ease of use but I think the dashed room ceiling perimeter lines is a shortcoming of this feature - unless I am missing something somewhere that would allow me to turn this line off.

24 minutes ago, CJSpud said:

but I also get a pink dashed line around the perimeter of the room my tray ceiling is built in. 

That outer line shouldn't show up when you print if you move display of those lines behind the wall lines... but if you just can't stand it anyway I wouldn't give up the tray tool... just trace the inner recessed shape with another layer named 'Ceiling recess' or something like that and turn off the ceiling plane lines.

• Upvote 1

By the way... those pink lines aren't unique to the Tray Ceiling tool.... the layer is called Ceiling Planes... and any other manually drawn ceiling planes would automatically go on that layer as well.  It's showing the whole perimeter of the polyline 'plane'... just like a roof plane would, except in the case of the tray ceiling it's showing the hole in the plane as well as the perimeter of the plane.

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

Don't do that....just bump that sucker back to drawing order #27

1 hour ago, CJSpud said:

Super idea ... why didn't I think of that ... before I did the trace-over?  Next time.  Thanks.

I said that in my original response... without so many words... "if you move display of those lines behind the wall lines"

Mark:

Indeed you did and thank you.  It didn't register quite as strongly with me as Rob's actually suggesting what drawing order to use ... which is a feature I don't use as fully as I should.

By the way, my youngest son is named Mark.