VIEWS

winterdd

just wondering what you guys and gals like to use for elevation views. when i send to the plot shop for my prints, sometimes technical illustration has blurred/shiny areas and vector view is just too dark for non colored prints. line drawing type creates crooked lines. how do you guys use the program for the best prints as far as the elevations go? i give a color rendering of the front of the home on sheet 1 of my plans. just want the black and white elevations to look as good as possible.

Just now, Rpadge said:

It is not a live view, you will need to update the view if you change the model. 

True. But you can edit many of the generated lines in those views, especially those that just don't follow the "edge/pattern" categories or the extraneous lines CA adds that I just don't want to see  - there always seems to be some that have to be changed or deleted. That's why I don't do any editing of the linework in those views until I am ready to finish the plan set. If you get your view edited the way you want, and then have to come back and update the view, all editing is lost, unfortunately, and has to be done again. CA is much better in this area, though, than in years prior; not as bad as it sounds.