Quick Question for Section Views and Elevation Views

contractcad

Unless someone has found a way that I don't know about, it can, but the offsets are tied to the material definition and not on a per wall basis; meaning it can be adjusted for one wall in one view, but will probably not be right in other elevations and sections. You would have to copy the material and rename it for every wall you want to adjust it in - pain in the butt.

I'm referring to I guess what would be the hatch of the wall that's seen in in Elevations not the position of the wall itself.  Seems like it's just predetermined from some zero point that I haven't been able to figure out or find instruction how to manipulate.  I guess it'd be like having a framing reference for the hatch, or if this was autocad being able to pick a zero point  for a user coordinate system.  But I figure I'd need a zero point for each elevation, and specifically for the block hatch itself. Just to make the block look proper and not look a quarter or so block off in both Vertical and Horizontal

14 hours ago, contractcad said:

Seems like it's just predetermined from some zero point 

It uses THE ZERO POINT!!

These offsets are very simple to figure out and even simpler if you always start your projects on zero for the x and y coordinates then build up and to the right, with the goal of keeping the project on the positive side of the x and y coordinates.

I use the material offsets specifically for the hatch pattern regularly, just like you described, but for ICF foundations. You'll notice in section/elevation views that the x offset will shift the pattern horizontally, and the y offset will shift the pattern vertically. The simplest way to adjust the vertical offset of a foundation block material is to use a negative offset that equals the TOP OF FOOTING elevation.