Import Material - Brick HELP

blueriver

Can someone please give me some advice on importing materials?   I often cannot find a good brick color (lots of nice and realistic stone options in my Buechel catalog, but the brick options are severely lacking).  So I often try to import a brick using an image but it never looks realistic.  Can anyone give me some tips for importing brick?

brick pattern.png

I think I remember someone posting an extensive library of brick materials a while back but bricks often vary by region as they have traditionally been made from local materials.

To get a good match on a as-built you can take your own photograph and create a seamless texture from it to use in chief or clip one from the internet and do the same.

Mick expanded on a posting I made with a tutorial here:

One really easy method is to simply Google “Seamless Brick Texture”.  You will find tons of suitable images ready to go (both free and for purchase).  You can do the same for tile, stone, wood flooring, etc. 

it will probably take a little trial and error to learn which ones are suitable for a desirable repeating pattern, but you should be able to pick it up pretty quickly.