Approval number for 1-hour wall (7/8" stucco & 5/8" type x)

dshall

Hi Guys,

Do you know of an  Approval number for 1-hour wall (7/8" stucco & 5/8" type x on 2x4 @ 16).

I know,  we have been using this 1-hour wall since I was in diapers,  but I have a plan reviewer who wants me to prove this and now I cannot the approval number,  more busy work.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Thanks P.,  I have searched the internet and there is no clear answer but I have been doing this for longer than I want to admit.

I remember I had to prove it once before and I don't even remember what I did.

Here is one approved assembly but it too is not super clear.

(per IBC Table 720.1(2),Item 15-1.3).

22 hours ago, dshall said:

Hi Guys,

Do you know of an  Approval number for 1-hour wall (7/8" stucco & 5/8" type x on 2x4 @ 16).

I know,  we have been using this 1-hour wall since I was in diapers,  but I have a plan reviewer who wants me to prove this and now I cannot the approval number,  more busy work.

Thanks

21 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

That's the way I have done it also. Nobody has asked me to prove it though. Good luck with this one. Maybe you could make his car payment for a year or so as a sign of good faith. 

The problem is the plan checker is probably still in diapers! LOL

I'm getting some very ridiculous corrections these days. I sure do miss the old days of drawing plans on a napkin for approval. However its good for the architect's to make money. All this red tape is another way to bleed money out of the people. California is the worst!