LOCKED ROOMS

Guest Hautetxinteriors

Guest Hautetxinteriors

I'm trying to select individual rooms and change the names, but it selects the whole project and I can't edit. 

Please help!

In your posted image you are showing the Wall Covering Tab. That is NOT locked, you merely need to click on "{Add New" to then add "Wall Coverings" if that is what you wish to do, which does NOT match what you originally siad-rather confusing!

BTW to change a room's name you simply open that rooms dialog box and in the top second line, change the name. If you are getting a select of the entire project then,click on the room you wish to rename and then hit the "Next" button to select a single room (that phenomena is usually caused by a single or multiple bad wall connections-find the bad wall connections and properly close them and then the "Select entire project" will stop.

DJP

Behind your image you can see that the entire building is selected which means that one of your exterior walls is probably either disconnected or set as a non room defining type.  Best would be to post in Q&A section, Put your signature on the post so we can see what version and what hardware you are dealing with, and most likely post a plan file after closing chief first.

38 minutes ago, Hautetxinteriors said:

When I double click the room name to change the label, it would normally select just that room and the label pop up would show. It now selects the entire plan no matter what room label I try to open and gives me the "exterior room specification" box

I would recommend reading what I wrote above.