template

decorators3

Apologies, slightly difficult to understand what you are asking...

If this is truly a "Plan View" - you can have as many of them as you need, specify whatever the layerset or anno set you need.

If You are talking about Plan ( template defaults: like residential template ) - these control the initial defaults when you started to work on your plan.  

If you completed your plan [I have completed  a floor plan] - it doesn't really matter what template was used initially.

[unless you used metric template in place of imperial]

sorry if I was a little confusing..

I created my plan under the KITCHEN AND BATH TEMPLATE..so under the Saved plan  views control - i have the following options WORK PLAN VIEW-CONSTRUTCIN PLAN VIEW-ELECTRICAL PLAN VIEW-MECHANICAL PLAN VIEW-KITCHEN AND BATH PAN VIEW..

HOWEVER Under the residential saved plan view control I see many other options (ie) floor plan view dimensional - floor plan shell - framing etc.. These do not show up in the kitchen and bath saved plan view control.

I was asking how I can change my completed floor plan from the KB template to imperial residential template which offer more plan views

Maybe I am missing something.. anyway thanks for your reply

4 hours ago, decorators3 said:

I was asking how I can change my completed floor plan from the KB template to imperial residential template which offer more plan views

Seems to me like the easiest way to do this would be to open the template plan you want to use, set all of your defaults, open your plan, select the "all on" layer set, select everything and copy/pate it into the template plan. There may be a better, more efficient way to do this but this is the method that comes to mind.

Edit: FYI, if you have any cameras you will need to shut off the camera layer in order to marquis select everything and copy.

Edited by steve_stuart

11 hours ago, decorators3 said:

sorry if I was a little confusing..

I created my plan under the KITCHEN AND BATH TEMPLATE..so under the Saved plan  views control - i have the following options WORK PLAN VIEW-CONSTRUTCIN PLAN VIEW-ELECTRICAL PLAN VIEW-MECHANICAL PLAN VIEW-KITCHEN AND BATH PAN VIEW..

HOWEVER Under the residential saved plan view control I see many other options (ie) floor plan view dimensional - floor plan shell - framing etc.. These do not show up in the kitchen and bath saved plan view control.

Maybe I am missing something.. anyway thanks for your reply

Select a plan view you like, right click and say duplicate.

Or you can export plan views/layersets from another plan.

Question is if you really need those "floor plan view dimensional"?

They can be created under 1 minute exactly the way you want!

You can right click on any existing plan view and select duplicate, now duplicate your layerset, in that layer set turn off everything other than exterior walls and dimensions. Assign this new layerset to your new Plan View. Done.