dimension & text character height default

mtldesigns

OK, I have searched and not finding anything and needing someone's help.  I know some of you Chiefer's can go right to the spot and communicate back, and I will appreciate that.

I need to create two different default sets and text styles.  I remember seeing a chart or topic on how to scale the character height by the text scale.  Where is that?  I need to create a 3/32" and 3/8" default sets. 

I am guessing here by using a ratio that if 1/4" is 6" height and 1/8" is 12" height, would 3/32" be 15" and 3/8" be 9".   Back in the day using Paperspace in CAD, I could do the math.. but not sure how Chief does it. 

Thanks in advance. 

3 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

I am guessing here by using a ratio that if 1/4" is 6" height and 1/8" is 12" height, would 3/32" be 15" and 3/8" be 9"

You're kinda on the right track, but you flipped your example and then some... instead consider that if 1/8" = 6" and 1/4" (2/8th)=12", then 3/8"=18" and 5/8" would be 30"

Hey DE

I took the 1/4" scale @ 6" and the 1/8" scale @ 12" from the defaults setting.  Chief does this backwards, at least it seams its backwards.  1/2" scale has 2" text height (OOB).  Am I being dyslexic, thought I wrote it right?  

15 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

Am I being dyslexic, thought I wrote it right? 

Sorry, your question wasn't clear... but now I think I realize what you were asking was how to get the text to print at the same printed height in two differently scaled drawings.
Glenn's advice should get you there... best!

You know I asked the question before I went for it, wanted my ducks in a row.. before I adding the two styles.  If I would have just done it, I would have seen the "scale" tab next to the character height.  One of those brain :blink: moments. 

STILL.. would like to know how Chief comes up with these.  

Thanks Glenn, DE, Eric, and Chop.