Fireplace Walls w/Masonry Veneer

Boogdaddy

I have a 2 story house. I'm doing a metal insert fireplace located in a lower level interior room with a 9' ceiling. The chimney flue above on the second floor will be within a storage closet, and obviously just interior wall type up to the attic/roof above. the chimney above the roof will have siding. In the lower level room with the fireplace, the 3 walls surrounding the metal fireplace insert will have masonry veneer or possibly a manufactured stone.

What is the best practice for drawing the walls with the masonry veneer on the lower level? Copy and modify a wall from the Library to show the masonry veneer? Or is there a more accepted way to do this?

24 minutes ago, Boogdaddy said:

What is the best practice for drawing the walls with the masonry veneer on the lower level? Copy and modify a wall from the Library to show the masonry veneer? Or is there a more accepted way to do this?

Sure, you can copy and modify a wall from the library, it just depends what you want/need.  Brick veneer.... do you mean 'thin brick' or full size brick?  If thin brick it just mortars in place like tile.  If you're thinking full size brick you'll need to consider the weight and proper support, then you'll also need ties to hold it against the wall.  Stone veneer varies a lot in thickness, but the thinner ones would mortar in place just like tile/thin-brick on a decent substrate.  You can probably get away with regular drywall, but I would recommend a fiberglass surfaced product.

• Like 1