Setting up first floor with garage & basement

mpatalsky

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Mike, do you want to explain why he must call it a garage? Hey Mike, can't you see Russia from Wasilla?

Using the garage room type automatically sets the structure settings close to what the OP was after. 

And no, we can't see Russia from Wasilla :  ), although there ARE a lot of Russian people here.  We can however see Russia from one of the islands on the Aleutian chain.  There are 2 islands that are only about 2-1/2 miles apart.

Edit:  Sorry,  I guess I didn't look closely enough at the picture in the original post.  I didn't realize the slab was on top of the foundation.  You may not want to use the garage room type like I said afterall.  You can, but it will require just as much structure modification as any other room type (maybe more)...

• Solution

I didn't spend too long on it, but check out the attached plan to get a rough idea of what to do...(or what I would do anyway)...

There may be another way, but one of the keys is to open the walls around the garage (you may need to place some break points) and then under the structure tab check "go through floor below"

Test.zip

Thanks Michael!  I played around with all of those numbers within the dialog box but I couldn't get it to behave that way.  I would of never thought to break the walls & check the , "go through floor below" box.  Again, thanks so much!

Can you be more specific??

If I understand correctly, among other things...

1.  Open the garage room dbx on the 1st floor and on the structure tab uncheck "floor supplied by the foundation room below"

2.  Open the garage area room dbx on the foundation level and on the structure tab uncheck "roof over this room" and "floor under this room".  Also, change the "ceiling finish", "floor finish", and "floor structure" dimensions to zero.

There are probably other things you'll need to mess with, but with the limited information I have, that's what I can offer.

Ahhhh, I didn't catch those two things.  Unchecking the "floor supplied by the foundation room below" is what wouldn't allow me to manipulate the different fields without automatically changing others.  Again, thank you!