Global Defaults, Inter-project

sascea

Hi Charkitects,

Does anyone know if there's such a thing as global defaults in this program? For example, I would like to set defaults for cabinet materials and hardware finishes for all my projects, as I build spec. homes for a small company that has a specific style. Or the siding, for example. We're usually using the same standing seam metal on each house. How can I set CA to default to the same material for siding every time I start a new project? I'm probably missing something. Thanks!

Change all of the defaults you wish to change in a template plan and then save it under a recognizable name. Open that template plan and save under your new project file name. Create various template plans using this method with all the different default materials you want.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Sure don't understand the negative vote!:huh:

I really don’t know why either, but if I had to take a stab at it, my guess would be this:  The OP essentially asked if we had default settings and you told him/her to adjust their default settings.  In other words, although your answer was technically correct, you really just told them to adjust the thing that they couldn’t find in the first place. 

• 5 months later...
On 8/2/2021 at 2:52 PM, Ridge_Runner said:

Sure don't understand the negative vote!:huh:

Oh I'm sorry about that. Thanks for your explanation, I have been using this technique now and it's been working for me - you definitely answered my question.

19 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

You should go back to that post by Ridge_Runner and reverse your negative vote.  It's just good form and will prevent any future antimosity.

I would, it wasn't me who downvoted the post.