Importing PDF file to Layout scale issues

MHB2017

I am using a Mac with CA x10 and having an issue with importing PDF into a layout. For whatever reason no matter what PDF file i import, it shows in the preview as a partial view.. and when I import it shows up as a partial view.. I have to expand the view every time and it is becoming a bit frustrating.. especially when importing some green notes and title 24 calcs with 10 sheets into a page.. It will import all 10 pages no problem, but then i have to move and readjust each page to show the full image. There has to be a correct way to do this.. 

I have uploaded a sample with a calendar just for reference so you can see what I am experiencing. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 10.40.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 10.41.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 10.41.39 PM.png

There might be nothing wrong with what you're doing to import the PDF. On Macs with Retina displays, we've found that PDFs will sometimes be drawn at the wrong resolution, and this may be what you're seeing here. You might find that running Chief on a non-Retina display helps, if you have one available.

21 minutes ago, BenMerritt said:

There might be nothing wrong with what you're doing to import the PDF. On Macs with Retina displays, we've found that PDFs will sometimes be drawn at the wrong resolution, and this may be what you're seeing here. You might find that running Chief on a non-Retina display helps, if you have one available.

I appreciate you’re input.. I’ve read about this issue.. I’m running a MacBook Pro with dual 4K monitors.  The issue extends past the MacBook itself.. if I resize the crop area of the pdf I am able to get the full image.. and it will stay like that. Issue is just during the import phase

• 4 months later...