Frieze Boards Are Not Showing Up

stevenyhof

Hello,

I am trying to get my frieze boards to show up on two roofs. This is one of my more simple rooflines I have drawn, but even putting a new roof on is not working. Maybe a conflict with the wall, but I even drew over the wall with the end wall that has a frieze board. Thoughts? And as always, I very much appreciate all the help everyone has offered!!
Plan link in next post...

Thank you,

Steve

Your roof heights are adjusted manually so it is conflicting.  Didn't have much time to play with it but setting auto roof back on fixed it instantly but then you have an issue with your roof over your garage intruding into the upper windows.  I believe the issue is you are lowering that attic roof over the garage so it doesn't hit the windows which we know can be done in real life but chief works as boxes so it is saying these boxes are this high and that is why the roof goes there.  I believe you will need to change your floor system for that part of the second floor and then lower your ceiling height on the garage so the trusses go over the top of the plate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Your roof heights are adjusted manually so it is conflicting.  Didn't have much time to play with it but setting auto roof back on fixed it instantly but then you have an issue with your roof over your garage intruding into the upper windows.  I believe the issue is you are lowering that attic roof over the garage so it doesn't hit the windows which we know can be done in real life but chief works as boxes so it is saying these boxes are this high and that is why the roof goes there.  I believe you will need to change your floor system for that part of the second floor and then lower your ceiling height on the garage so the trusses go over the top of the plate.

Ah! Very good. Thank you so much! I will keep an eye on this. I have been used to moving things regardless of these spaces - and I do keep running into things like this.

I will remember that for another job. Seems what I am trying is not working. I added the frieze boards manually and all looks fine. When I moved my roofs to the second floor and unchecked roofs over this room, it did work - my frieze board came back - but on one side. I need to keep moving but will remember this. Thank you!