Layout & Schedules

wazzubrad

I am looking for a solution on how to insert schedules into Layout. I have tried converting the schedule while in a Plan to a Cad block and then inserting into layout by Copy/Paste, but this deleted the Note # specific to each line item and I would then have to manually add them for each line item on the layout page.

Here is a picture from a Chief layout where I have blue circled the schedule showing that Chief has inserted it into layout. Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.eada973bf9130de69bd99c29144f4e76.png

Hard to tell how to advise you as we are unsure of what software you are using and what hardware, please add that information to your signature as the answer given for your question almost always depends on that information. 

Another recommendation is a brief search which will many times answer your question.

Now assuming you are using the latest Chief Architect Premier or Interiors X12 or even a recent Xversion (any other software has their own forum specific to that software)this quick search brought up this video which should explain on how to use the layout.  https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/48/creating-layouts-and-construction-documents.html

Hope this helps, and please take the advice about the signature to heart as it really is very important to have filled out.

7 hours ago, rgardner said:

Hard to tell how to advise you as we are unsure of what software you are using and what hardware, please add that information to your signature as the answer given for your question almost always depends on that information. 

Another recommendation is a brief search which will many times answer your question.

Now assuming you are using the latest Chief Architect Premier or Interiors X12 or even a recent Xversion (any other software has their own forum specific to that software)this quick search brought up this video which should explain on how to use the layout.  https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/48/creating-layouts-and-construction-documents.html

Hope this helps, and please take the advice about the signature to heart as it really is very important to have filled out.

rgardner: Thank you for suggesting the signature details and I did input that info just now. That's a good video, thank you for the suggestion. I have seen it previously but it doesn't detail how to import a schedule into layout. I also did a search via Google and also Chieftalk previously and 99% of the time this resolves my issues, which is one of my favorite things about Chief and that is the community and support that you all have taken the time to provide! It's world class! Unfortunately though, this isn't resolving the specific issue I have found myself in.

8 hours ago, Rpadge said:

Theres a couple of ways to do it, but typically I put my schedule on a CAD detail, then send it to Layout from there.

Hope that helps.

Rpadge: thank you, I did find that I can create a Cad Detail, then by adding a Note Schedule (in my case a Foundation Note Schedule I created), but when I add it to the detail, I get a funky numbering of 1,1 and 2,2, which is creating a new issue for me!

Here is what I mean;

Here is a simple schedule from the plan, and it looks great;

image.png.fcf4144cf3fd365eaafd6c400346eb60.png

Here is the Cad Detail and with the schedule added;

image.thumb.png.04a6ea16d437693cec707c9ad97afd46.png

13 minutes ago, solver said:

You have 2 Note Schedules

Thanks solver, I deleted the Note Schedule I had on the Plan and now just have the schedule in the Cad Detail. That cleaned it up!

Thanks everyone for your help, greatly appreciate your time.

• Upvote 2

Just to be clear, you don't "copy" or "import" a schedule onto a layout.  You send a view that has a schedule on it to layout the same way you would send any other view to layout.

If your schedule is in a cad detail all by itself, then this is super easy. 

If your schedule is in a cad detail with lots of other schedules, then you can send the view to the layout multiple times but you will have to edit the layout boxes so that they only show the schedule you want.  This method could have some negative effects on performance (depending on how much data is in your cad detail) so I prefer to use separate cad details for each schedule.  I also prefer to have separate cad details for most of the details I send to layout for similar reasons.

If your schedule is in some other kind of view, such as a plan view or elevation, you can handle it the same way you would if it was in a cad detail.  If you are going to display the schedule with the view on the layout, then this method can also work well.  If you want to display the schedules independently from the rest of the view, then I think moving them to a cad detail will generally work better.