notice the little guy on the left side of the tire until

I was editing the image. 

W4ABPR-crop.thumb.png.0673ff2d3f560f7babef48eee3dab6eb.png

Using PSP I reversed the image to match the

sun direction in my camera view, edited out the

web site watermarks and changed the water

surface to a transparent background.

985906947_OldTire-3-T.thumb.PNG.2d95a7895873a3ac4f7fbf9df3294fe6.PNG

Then I changed the color to match the terrain.

943011982_OldTire-3-T-Earth.thumb.PNG.6bdd5688b3b6f08b1f45ad0d8b98f533.PNG

Convert the .PNG file to a Chief image and sink it into

the terrain a couple of inches and you get a surprisingly

believable old tire that you could never model in Chief.

8 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

One night free stay at the Evening Star of course !  ;)

6 hours ago, Ridge_Runner said:

That figures! I bet there isn't even room service! :(

What the heck Mike. That free cup of Joe in the

morning doesn't do it for you? Maybe you need

a good soak in the indoor heated pool. :)

10 hours ago, Rich_Winsor said:

That free cup of Joe in the

morning doesn't do it for you? 

Bingol! We have a winner! (Michael too, maybe) Since I did find the little guy (you'll just have to take my word for it ;)) I'll take the free cup of Joe. Where is the front desk so I can claim my prize? At the front, or in the back, or where?

On 10/3/2020 at 2:06 AM, Alaskan_Son said:

Maybe not super realistic and didn't take the time to detail lettering and such,, but here's a decent tire modeled completely in Chief...

939630282_Tire1.thumb.jpg.db372260cf3c81540d1f6b7939cd8840.jpg1109024380_Tire2.thumb.jpg.f5c9a292c9456fccf4ddce65d620e2fe.jpg

Tire.calibz

Perhaps I should have chosen my words more precisely. 

Would "one can get a surprisingly believable old tire that

mere mortals could never model in Chief" have been more

appropriate? :P That's a damn fine tire Michael but I will

still maintain that for my particular situation my cheesy 2D

image works better. 

If I needed to model the tire in 3D I guess I should model

the dragonfly in 3D as well. Does that tire look familiar? :)

DF.thumb.png.ac9353147f15c2c428f9c54662531760.png

On 10/3/2020 at 2:06 AM, Alaskan_Son said:

Maybe not super realistic and didn't take the time to detail lettering and such,, but here's a decent tire modeled completely in Chief...

Nice!.. thanks for sharing.  Is that tread pattern popular in Alaska?  :lol:

• 6 months later...

Hello all, Chief Architect is an amazing drawing program, fortunately we over here in Africa will spend fortunes to earn the full program and have access to the materials. please if anyone is interested in sharing their material library on their drive, here is my email: johnpaulokenyodo@gmail.com. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, John_Charles said:

Are you using this in preference to Twinmotion?  I'm about to do some large renders (exterior) in Twinmotion but I'm not so sure it's the right program for interior shots?

If you look closely at Renerabbitt’s render using Thea, you will see how well it behaves where objects meet the floor. 

This won’t be possible in Twinmotion, and many other Rendering softwares. In Thea there is a subtle shadow under sofa and chair legs which  make the objects look as if they’re sitting on the floor and making contact with it.

With Twinmotion and many others the objects look like they’re hovering a mm above the floor almost floating. 

If you’re doing exterior renderings especially large scale ones then Twinmotion is great. Checkout his YouTube channel. 

18 hours ago, John_Charles said:

Are you using this in preference to Twinmotion?  I'm about to do some large renders (exterior) in Twinmotion but I'm not so sure it's the right program for interior shots?

Speaking of Twinmotion, I didn't see your vid of the final render process you 'teased' at the start of part 6?  Did you end up doing it specifically?

Hey JC, 
Twinmotion does just fine for most interior shots. It won't compare to Thea, but certainly has its place in my toolbag for budget renders. I use it specifically for video walkthroughs. Here is a quick interior render from TM:
Kitchen.thumb.jpg.cbb9c3b786e8dcecae4b86a19ce732bf.jpg

Keep in mind this shot could be worked a lot more, but this kitchen was made to look good in video only. You can add higher resolution textures, add shadow decals, work the glass more, add more detailed reflection maps. etc. 

Thea has a bunch of pro tools for getting the best out of a shot. One of my favorites being the ability to round the edge of any geometry. Nearly nothing in a kitchen shot has razor sharp edges. 

You're right about part 6, I missed that. Parts 1-7 were done over a year ago in a single week during my first and last venture into trying adderall :blink:, I've had trouble picking them back up as they take a good 6-7 hours of solid focus to prep and produce. I've got part 10 in the works right now.
Here is the Final shot from that series:
200515-TWINMOTION-3840x2160.thumb.jpg.f2d2a76c4a1bbc3a3c94e8a7b9631daf.jpg

44 minutes ago, John_Charles said:

What would you suggest is the best artifact to install in the Chief Model for the pool surface ready for TM?  I've used a 1/2" thick Polyline solid so far in the pool and hot tub and reflection pool and waterfall 3 from the Chief catalogue for the waterfall. I don't have anything yet for the jets.

Re Thea, do you follow the same process to prepare and export your chief model into it?

TM has its own water cube that works well for pools. 
TM also has its own waterfall effect, add some eye candy, add some fog-See below

For thea, I would model the waterfall structure and place rocks at the landing area and use the sketchup plugin clothworks with pins at the top and drape a surface over the entire model. Basically a cloth simulation . With the right settings, the cloth will bounc and drape as needed to look realistic in thea. More labor intensive for sure.