Realistic Rendering Software after Chief

duckbill4375

I want to take my renderings to another level.  What realistic rendering software would be a good extension for Chief Architect?  I would like to export my Chief Drawings into that software and really tune them up to be photo realistic a step above what Chief can do. 

Thank you, Bob

Take a look at Lumion or Twinmotion.  You can search discussions of both her on this forum.  You just export your 3D model, not your drawings.

You may want to also have a look a the Chief Architect preview of X13 rendering as it is rumored to be completely updated.

8 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

You may want to also have a look a the Chief Architect preview of X13 rendering as it is rumored to be completely updated.

Any chance you can link to preview?   I searched and could not find anything.

Heck....I have not even installed 12 yet ;-)  Pay for SSA every year but been too busy.

25 minutes ago, VisualDandD said:

Any chance you can link to preview?   I searched and could not find anything.

It seems we need to wait another month, but you never know it may be possible to catch a glimpse in one of the earlier webinars if you are paying attention.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

It seems we need to wait another month, but you never know it may be possible to catch a glimpse in one of the earlier webinars if you are paying attention.

Gotcha!

Will be interesting.  I still dont use Chief rendering engine.   Be nice to have something internal that can generate decent results.   But for my purposes watercolor w/ line are perfect, although I do use Lumion when a client needs more.

Heck...I better hurry and load up 12 so I am not 2 versions behind! ;-)

On 9/29/2020 at 6:56 PM, VisualDandD said:

Gotcha!

Will be interesting.  I still dont use Chief rendering engine.   Be nice to have something internal that can generate decent results.   But for my purposes watercolor w/ line are perfect, although I do use Lumion when a client needs more.

Heck...I better hurry and load up 12 so I am not 2 versions behind! ;-)

I've gotten some very nice results from Chief so I'm anxious to hear about what improvements are coming. Here's one I modeled and rendered in X11:

452552595_DR-743Ipe.thumb.jpg.40cf8c61cf49a032bbf5a87117ae4088.jpg

Thursday, October 29, 2020, at 12:00 PM PDT

3D rendering is what most clients want and need to visualize your designs. This session will cover how to create the best possible renderings in the shortest amount of time. Chief Architect is completely replacing its rendering engine in its next generation and you can see the new improvements first hand. One of our design professionals will be hosting this live session, and taking live questions about the process from attendees.

Thursday, October 29, 2020, at 12:00 PM PDT

3D Rendering: Plus, see what's coming in the new version! - Free webinar Thursday, October 29 at 12 PM

3D rendering is what most clients want and need to visualize your designs. This session will cover how to create the best possible renderings in the shortest amount of time. Chief Architect is completely replacing its rendering engine in its next generation and you can see the new improvements first hand. One of our design professionals will be hosting this live session, and taking live questions about the process from attendees.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 3:38 PM, duckbill4375 said:

I would like to export my Chief Drawings into that software and really tune them up to be photo realistic a step above what Chief can do. 

Would you be willing to post some of your results? It's always interesting to see "what Chief can do"!

mb1.jpg

9 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Would you be willing to post some of your results? It's always interesting to see "what Chief can do"!

mb1.jpg

Nice job Robdyck. Here are some I modeled and rendered in Chief:

49579804_Bedroom-Modern3RT.thumb.JPG.c910be225d135b302317f422b06ed280.JPG1566957300_DR-743Ipe.thumb.jpg.23ad83a2e85dadc10130e84f504a5135.jpg188686010_1318FlowerCtSWRTa.thumb.jpg.430479ae309e85c6cb4543007091fe11.jpg2042875400_2960EastAve.thumb.jpg.cec09a8a8769e9ceb8402f0425ab482e.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, duckbill4375 said:

I want to take my renderings to another level.  What realistic rendering software would be a good extension for Chief Architect?  I would like to export my Chief Drawings into that software and really tune them up to be photo realistic a step above what Chief can do. 

Thank you, Bob

Lumion right now has far better lighting and visuals than Twinmotion, but its also far more expensive.  I do feel in the future Twinmotion will be FAR better than Lumion but I dont know how long that will take.

The hands-down best rendering for architecture is going to VRay - but the path from Chief to VRay isn't as smooth as Lumion or Twinmotion.

9 hours ago, robdyck said:

The cat on the chair is a nice touch! I'll be showing my daughter that one!

9 hours ago, ericepv said:

I always like to 'dress the scene'.

I too like to 'dress the scene' with a combination

of both 2D images and 3D objects. Here is a 100%

Chief image I have been playing with recently. All

of the items in the 'debris field' were created in

this manner. In this case the main point of adding

the debris was to disguise the transition between

the terrain and the backdrop. 

BTW, bonus points are available if you can spot

the dragonfly in the scene.

Power Line RT-20.png

6 hours ago, Rich_Winsor said:

Power Line RT-20.png

That looks great Rich, I love your use of materials.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Rich_Winsor said:

Power Line RT-20.png

very nice! your dragonfly appears to be a Four-spotted Pennant.

• Upvote 1