Screen capture materials tool

Ronniesha

Hello, 

So I am running into a small problem. I want to use the capture tool to capture a material. But when I do select the material to be captured (i.e. an image of a tile) instead of selecting the image it selects my background image on my computer.

Let me know if you need any clarification. I will attach an image of the tile I want to screen material capture and whats happening. The blue that is showing on the teapot is actually my background image on my mac instead of the chevron that I selected. Why won't chief select the material image and NOT my background image?

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 1.34.42 PM.png

7 minutes ago, Ronniesha said:

Yeah I can save it as an image. But I want to be able to just screen capture from chief. We do alot of rendering of materials so being able to material capture from chief would be such a game changer!

True, and it should likely be looked into but as you can see by the material I posted for you it is difficult to get a completely seamless material using that tool so you are better off using a different tool to capture and a photo editing software.

20 hours ago, Ronniesha said:

Hello, 

So I am running into a small problem. I want to use the capture tool to capture a material. But when I do select the material to be captured (i.e. an image of a tile) instead of selecting the image it selects my background image on my computer.

Let me know if you need any clarification. I will attach an image of the tile I want to screen material capture and whats happening. The blue that is showing on the teapot is actually my background image on my mac instead of the chevron that I selected. Why won't chief select the material image and NOT my background image?

Hi Ronniesha, 

This behavior presents itself when Chief Architect doesn't have proper permission to record/capture the screen. This can be resolved by following the steps below: 

1. Close Chief Architect. 
  2. Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner and select System Preferences.
  3. Select the Security & Privacy category 
  4. On the next screen, click on the Privacy tab at the top. 
  5. On the left side, scroll down and click on the Screen Recording option. 
  6. Place a check in the box next to the Chief Architect program.

NOTE: If this section is grayed out, you may have to select the padlock icon in the bottom left corner and enter your Apple account credentials to make modifications. 

I hope this helps. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 4:37 PM, Ronniesha said:

Hello, 

If you just need to capture an image, try the Snip tool (Win7 and up), works great.

On 9/30/2020 at 10:09 AM, Chief_Josh said:

Hi Ronniesha, 

This behavior presents itself when Chief Architect doesn't have proper permission to record/capture the screen. This can be resolved by following the steps below: 

1. Close Chief Architect. 
  2. Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner and select System Preferences.
  3. Select the Security & Privacy category 
  4. On the next screen, click on the Privacy tab at the top. 
  5. On the left side, scroll down and click on the Screen Recording option. 
  6. Place a check in the box next to the Chief Architect program.

NOTE: If this section is grayed out, you may have to select the padlock icon in the bottom left corner and enter your Apple account credentials to make modifications. 

I hope this helps. 

THIS WORKED! Thank you so much!

• 1 year later...