Schedule Management?

HumbleChief

I've recently adopted a CAD detail that contains all my relevant schedules (versus my previous single CAD detail for each schedule) but don't want to send them all to Layout as a single CAD detail. I thought I saw this technique in a training video but can't seem to get it to conform to my needs. Not really fond of the send as image feature either but am curious how you all manage schedules and what I might be missing.

Thank you

cad schedules.jpg

I think the idea is to send the entire view to the layout and crop it down to the schedule you want to have displayed, thus hiding all the others. You can also send the same view to layout multiple times and crop each differently to display what ever schedule you want or multiple schedules on one page if needed.

• Upvote 1

I would also note I have no idea if my above mentioned approach is at all efficient for the plan or layout file size. I could see on a really big set of plans how this might bog down the layout and cause slow downs or lag in the program with a bunch of hidden information but I've not really experienced that myself.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

I do what Kyle mentions. I do zoom in to the portion I want to send and just send the current screen to layout so I don't have to crop too much.

Thanks Mike, I think I'm out of the single CAD schedule idea. Just can't get it to be flexible enough for my usage.

1 hour ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Mike, I think I'm out of the single CAD schedule idea. Just can't get it to be flexible enough for my usage.

I use Cad details for every schedule because I find it more reliable when using the SAM method with layouts. Another benefit is how reliable the width of all of my schedules are when sent to layout. Easy to align on true center. When you crop a layout box you can quite easily create an offset. I also happen to use the Box labels instead of the schedule heading. With the single CAD detail method I would need to rename every box label.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

I use Cad details for every schedule because I find it more reliable when using the SAM method with layouts. Another benefit is how reliable the width of all of my schedules are when sent to layout. Easy to align on true center. When you crop a layout box you can quite easily create an offset. I also happen to use the Box labels instead of the schedule heading. With the single CAD detail method I would need to rename every box label.

Thanks Rene, I didn't realize how comfortable I was with the above described method until I tried the single CAD schedule detail. Not for me, but I'll adapt if it looks better for some reason.