Wall/roof patterns - line colour

jonow6

Is there a way to change the line colour/shade of wall patterns in a view, say from black to grey?.. 

I find that in any type of elevation or 3D view the line weight and colour can busy and distracting. Would be nice to be able to lighten up the colour/shade of the patterns for walls or roofs. 

17 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

You can override globally when you send to layout. Check the box for PATTERN line weight and color. When you use that method, you loose the ability to control line weights from you layer/anno set, but it will accomplish what you are looking for.

Tried this when sending to layout, but makes all line colour and weights the same and only gives me the option when sending elevations. Would like the wall pattern to be lighter and less pronounced than the wall outlines.

Forgive me for mentioning Revit, but this is a simple feature it has to help keep drawings clean and not too busy (see attached). Would like to try and find a relatively straightforward way to do the same in Chief if possible.

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

See if this helps...

Great, thanks for the video Michael, that works well. Would be nice to be able to do the same with some of the other techniques, but that definitely helps.