Ruby Macros Applications: How and where are you using them?

jmsisco

I have decided to spend some time to learn how to use the Ruby Macros with Chief Architect X 12

I'm curious what are the applications where you find them to be the most benefit?

Maybe your top 10 list of ways you use them and how they make your plans better?

1. Site analysis
  2. All text and notes-Thanks to Alaskan for the tip about global macros in X-12. Could stop right here as the rest is just variants of text or note implementation.
  3. Custom Fields for display in custom schedules such as Electrical Panel Schedules or Braced Wall panel schedules.
  4. Custom Labels
  5. All details(extremely easy to update)
  6. All standards
  7. Wrote a custom macro with Alaskan to determine the zoning code of all zips in California just by plugging in a zip code.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:
  1. Site analysis
  2. All text and notes-Thanks to Alaskan for the tip about global macros in X-12. Could stop right here as the rest is just variants of text or note implementation.
  3. Custom Fields for display in custom schedules such as Electrical Panel Schedules or Braced Wall panel schedules.
  4. Custom Labels
  5. All details(extremely easy to update)
  6. All standards
  7. Wrote a custom macro with Alaskan to determine the zoning code of all zips in California just by plugging in a zip code.

Some cities around here might have 10 cities ,all with different zoning codes, per zip code. Is this possible with your macro?

11 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Some cities around here might have 10 cities ,all with different zoning codes, per zip code. Is this possible with your macro?

Yes, it is, I've got a busy morning but shoot me a PM as a reminder and I will try and package it up for others use.

@DRAWZILLA @Renerabbitt

Thank You!

1. Site Analysis package by Joe Carrick 

Saves Time 

Site analysis

All text and notes-Thanks to Alaskan for the tip about global macros in X-12. Could stop right here as the rest is just variants of text or note implementation.

Custom Fields for display in custom schedules such as Electrical Panel Schedules or Braced Wall panel schedules.

Custom Labels  (extremely easy to update)

All standards

Custom macro to determine the zoning code of all zips in your state  just by plugging in a zip code.

Building analysis: sq ft by room type <bedrooms> vs bathrooms vs closets vs living and family vs kitchen, garage deck etc

Custom Room label: displays different label based on PlanView [layerset], lighting requirement, ventilation, etc

Custom Windows Labels: Show windows differently per PlanView [layerset] or display or not headers info (DH, CSMT RH etc)

Custom Door labels PlanView [layerset]

Suggested forced lighting requirements: suggested footcandles by room type

Generates roof plane statistics: sq ft etc

Building Requirement macros (long texts centrally managed)

Window Stats (golden ratio, egress,  size is standard vs custom per manuf etc )

Stair Stats

OIP's

Some engineering: basic uniform load, basic wall load & basic area; selecting beam displays deflection limits L/240, or L/360; select window displays number of kings studs

HVAC basic guesses... Given BTU load guess circular duct and couple rect ducts and number of diffusers (nothing like RightJ)

Roof stats

Basic Building cost using room type and polylines