Raytrace Questions

ChiefChris1

Thanks for the tips, the lights were easy enough to turn off but the room is a bit dark.

I was able to find the floor material. I assume that because I broke the main area into Entry, Living, Dining & kitchen using Room Divider Walls I will need to adjust each one of the Materials separately?

Plan attached.

McGucken-8.zip

Thanks for the tips, the lights were easy enough to turn off but the room is a bit dark.

I was able to find the floor material. I assume that because I broke the main area into Entry, Living, Dining & kitchen using Room Divider Walls I will need to adjust each one of the Materials separately?

Plan attached.

Use this settings:

McGucken.zip

post-121-0-82808700-1416710656_thumb.jpg

Hard for me to see what all has been done not knowing all the functions or where to find them.

I see you turned all the light back on & casting shadows.
Floor & dark furniture set reflective to very low setting.

Trying my Ray Trace now. Doesn't look like you changed any of those settings.

PS Wow, using your drawing version ray trace on pass 3  at 4 min 30 sec and much better image.

Off to try my drawing with changes to lighting & reflective materials.

I have no ready answer for that - no idea. They are common even with high-end renderers,  it is telling us to raytrace a little longer. :)
If you are applying photon mapping best bet is to let it run until a scene will look good to you.

Avoid too many lights, ambient occlusion will take care of the dark areas.

Let's see in the next version if CA has already found a fix for that.

Thank you Jintu for sharing you settings for better interior renders. In working on this shot last night I did a few tries at 10 pass renders and could not lose the grainy blowout on some of the drywall surfaces. I set this render up for 30 passes and went to bed. It cooked for about 8.5 hours. I have no idea where in the process it cleaned up. I might send it out for 15 passes when I leave today and check that as a comparison.

This image is before tweaking the image properties in the Ray Trace options:

post-170-0-28838700-1417013892_thumb.jpg

I am not sure if it is just my monitor but the previous image looked dark to me so I added 10% to the intensity in the image properties for this image:

post-170-0-52812100-1417013897_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

As this thread is ray trace questions here goes another: Im doing a render test for practice. See the image attached. Im trying to get the sun to cast all the way over the bed as it would ( I think ) in real life. Cant get it. Been trying to mess with sun angles, time of day and other settings ( sometimes blindly ) to no avail. The bed is a SKP download from 3Dwarehouse. Could it be a factor?

post-2914-0-15564100-1458250653_thumb.jpg