Exterior scounce issue

Designer100

I am trying to place a exterior scounce on 1 column on each side of landing as you enter front entrance. It says needs to be on a wall.

I forgot the trick in putting in user catalog and doing something to mount on surface. I can not get it to work. any help would be appreciated.

see scounce in rendering.

Thanks,

x12 

Newell 

Moheb Building New.zip

scounce exterior 1 rendering.jpg

Moheb Building New.pdf

Entrance scounces.jpg

17 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

You place the light fixture on a wall parallel to where you need the light to be and then using the light fixture's dialog box you move it away from the wall, as Chopsaw did above to obtain your goal.

Not exactly but that would work as well.  I set the Symbol Options to be "Floor Mounted" and manually place the fixture on the column.  But then had to add the "Subfloor Height Above Terrain" value to the "Height to Center" measurement for the "Offset From Floor" value of the fixture DBX, which would all be much simpler if there was an "Absolut Elevation" setting for electrical fixtures. ;)

Curious here..  Is this the typical method of doing columns like this, is using "Cabinet, Countertops" instead of a built up column with a wall definition?  Will the software build a frame here?  Would have solved the light fixture issue if it was a wall.   But if this works, and it frames, I can see this saving time, esp. with the job I complete last year, and getting ready to duplicate.    

EXT 3.jpg

20 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

Curious here..  Is this the typical method of doing columns like this, is using "Cabinet, Countertops" instead of a built up column with a wall definition?  Will the software build a frame here?  Would have solved the light fixture issue if it was a wall.   But if this works, and it frames, I can see this saving time, esp. with the job I complete last year, and getting ready to duplicate.

It all depends on how it will be built.  Whenever possible I like to draw things using the tools that will best represent the construction method.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1