Trouble with railing--wall depth is deeper than floor structure

Sunnyfields

I am attempting to show a bridge structure from a stair to a loft and CA is showing a dropped area underneath the railing:

image.thumb.png.7fe88e1c986e3bff05d5250989196129.png 

You will note that the railing perpendicular to this does not have this problem. I have rechecked my defaults, added a room under the bridge with the same settings as the room without the issue, and asked our CA guru...we are at a loss. This seems to be an issue with the wall created underneath the railing, but the settings for this railing are exactly the same as the perpendicular one Here's the troublesome railing:

image.thumb.png.ce3c8d01816d197ba894881e55aa76fc.png

Here's the one which is working properly:

image.thumb.png.2c1cb320534825324ef2a5f42e8c7b30.png

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you!

2 hours ago, Sunnyfields said:

Here's the troublesome railing:

The railings look the same, but compare settings under the 'wall types' panel.   Same wall type used?  Have you tried dragging the correct railing over the top of the incorrect railing?
Those just a few easy ones to look at but could be a many other things... if those don't work attach plan as Eric suggested.

13 minutes ago, Sunnyfields said:

I tried as you suggested and dragged the non-offending rail over the incorrect rail with the same result. Both wall types are exactly the same.

I have attached the zipped file with the reference file. 

1220 Bank 304.zip

2nd Floor, use Object Eyedropper, pickup room Loft201, load properties to room Bridge 200

1 hour ago, Sunnyfields said:

I tried as you suggested and dragged the non-offending rail over the incorrect rail with the same result. Both wall types are exactly the same.

I have attached the zipped file with the reference file. 

1220 Bank 304.zip

1. Just remove the invisible wall between the two railings...all fixed. 

2. EDIT:  I also found that the two rooms on either side of this same invisible wall are not set to "default". If you leave the invisible wall...and then, open each room and set the floors...both structure and finish...to use "default" the floor system corrects itself.  And, you still can use the invisible wall to delineate each room. Maybe you have a different flooring in each room?  Not sure...but, setting the floor structure and finish to default corrects the floor system.

2020-09-25_14-49-41.thumb.png.b3ad55d0c0d547c7dcd87dc8fe2d4c94.png2020-09-25_14-48-48.thumb.png.a996ebe45567dbd31ef227379e51ee41.png

Thank you both for your help! Both worked. I had added the invisible wall at first because the bridge is supposed to be c channels with planking on top and tried to build it that way. I tried using deck rails but that didn't work. I assume that is another topic for another discussion.

10 minutes ago, Sunnyfields said:

Thank you both for your help! Both worked. I had added the invisible wall at first because the bridge is supposed to be c channels with planking on top and tried to build it that way. I tried using deck rails but that didn't work. I assume that is another topic for another discussion.

You want to be able to see the structure from underneath, is that correct?

Just now, Sunnyfields said:

Yes, but in reality there are only two C channels on either side with planking in between. I'd like to be able to show that, but I don't want to spend a ton of time on it. 

I've only been at this since May, so I admit I am not quite up to speed on some things.

It's easier than you might think.

Main, floor, room under bridge: make sure invis. walls align with railing above. Select room, delete the ceiling.

2nd floor bridge, change the floor structure (check the plan I'm attaching). Bridge Railing, change wall material to "opening, no material". 

Explore the attached plan. Are you thinking light gauge steel c-channels or structural steel standard c-channels?

1220 BankROBD.zip