Changing window color to all windows at once

cjanderson66

I recently saw a video a user posted that he made a change to one object that made that change to all the objects but I can't seem to find that video again.  My client now wants to see all the windows on the project changed to black windows the way I originally had them at the beginning of the design.  Instead of opening each window at a time, is there a way to make the change all at once?  I know this is a simple answer but I am struggling to find it and I sure wish I would have saved that video.  This was not something from the eyedropper is was  in the side panel like the project browser.  Hoping someone can help me on this one.  Thanks all.

7 minutes ago, solver said:

Have you tried changing the default settings?

Yes, tried that and that did not do the trick. Once again this was something that was in the side panel that Chief (I think just added in X12).  It is not just for window, I saw him do it on flooring for all floors...

The "side panel" can mean anything, depending on how the user has customised the UI.

There are many ways to do what you want.

Are you thinking about the Style Pallets?

You can customise these and then apply the style to objects in various modes (ie, Object, Room, Floor, Plan)

Start by selecting a window and then click Add Object To Style Pallet on the Edit toolbar.

You can customise the style pallet in the dbx before it is added to the library, or you can open it from the library and customise it. 

Probably a style palette.  Normally you can change it with your defaults but sounds like you may have already changed all the windows to a different color.  If they are a unique color you can use the spray color to set it back to defaults then change the default to black.

2 hours ago, solver said:

Have you tried changing the window default settings?

this should work as others mentioned unless you "spraycanned" the windows, the 1st time you changed the Colour ?

In which case you will need to Open the Windows' DBX ( multi-select all windows) and force the materials back to default 1st 

image.thumb.png.c1f26f2cf19737a9ad06aa1c5f64e25d.pngimage.thumb.png.d4338819195bd281cb1778ca9e789130.pngimage.thumb.png.ed6a4df619da674d1bf72c9e4e441d26.pngimage.thumb.png.f4f0f26b1f394da08c8b6f23854ef7b2.png